Bradford & District Rabbits Golf Association has been looking after the interests of rabbits golfers from the district of Bradford since 1948. The association is the largest of the six associations that make up the Yorkshire Rabbits Golf Association.

The following is an extract from the MINUTES of the inaugural meeting of the new ASSOCIATION, which was referred to as: – “THE BRADFORD & DISTRICT RABBITS’ GOLF ASSOCIATION dated 9th April 1948

Invitations to attend this meeting had been sent out by a small committee of the Bradford Moor Golf Club, and the response was very encouraging.
There was an attendance of 28 and eleven clubs were represented as follows:- Bradford Moor, Cleckheaton, East Bierley, Otley, Phoenix Park, Queensbury, South Bradford, Thornton, West Bowling, West Bradford and Woodhall Hills.
The chair was taken by Sam Chippendale Esq. of Bradford Moor Golf Club and he extended a hearty welcome to all the visitors.

There followed a discussion: –

Mr Chippendale was asked whether the Association would have the support of the West Riding rabbits’ Golf Association as it was felt that such support and approval would be necessary if both Associations were to prosper. The Chairman said that he had the goodwill of the West Riding Rabbits but assured those present that our Association would be a separate entity from that body and would only be affiliated to it.
There upon a proposal was made by the Cleckheaton representative, and seconded by the South Bradford representative that “The Bradford & District Rabbits’ Golf Association” be, and is hereby formed, and this was carried without opposition.

It was agreed by members of the Association that an ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Association would be held at a suitable venue on April 30th 1948”

Bradford & District Rabbits Golf Association