All players must present on the day a written handicap certificate before play.
- A league team consists of 3 players
One in Handicap range 16 – 17
One in Handicap range 18 – 20
One in Handicap range 21 – 28
- Matches are played between members of the same Handicap range and no shots are given in any section. Should a Team not be able to provide a Player in any of the two lower Handicap ranges, then that Team can play a substitute Player from a higher Handicap range. The substitute Player must play off the lower Handicap and no shots are given or received.
- The play is match play over 18 holes and, to decide the outcome the result of each section counts.
- Points are awarded as follows:-
Win 2 points, Draw 1 point Lose 0 points.
Example: – Home Team (A) v Visitors Team (B)
Team A 16-17 wins 2 and 1
Team A 18-20 halves
Team A 21-28 loses 2 and 1
Match Result: – Team A 3 points, Team B 3 points.
- All league matches shall be started between 5.00pm and 6.00pm on Thursday evenings or at a time mutually agreed by the Captains involved. If both clubs agree, it is permissible to switch home and away fixtures, but they must advise the League Secretary beforehand. It is the responsibility of the League correspondent of the Home club to report the result of the match to the League Secretary before 10.30pm. on the day of the match. Failure to do so will result in the deduction of three points from the Home Teams total. In all cases the decision of the League Secretary will be final. Results can be reported to : David Oakes on 01943 870980 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if reporting by email ensure that you receive a reply, if no reply is received by 10pm then please phone the result in as normal because the email may not have been delivered correctly.
- If, for any valid reason, play is unable to start, or has to be discontinued, then the match will have to be completed within thirteen days of the due date, or the end of the season, whichever comes sooner, by mutual agreement between the two teams except under unusual circumstances. In the case of a discontinued match, play will restart at the tee of the hole where play was abandoned. In a replayed match, if any of the original players are not available, substitution is permitted.
- In the event of a tie to decide promotion or relegation the deciding factor shall be the number of matches won. If still level the decision will be based on individual results (i.e. holes won and lost).
- Promotion or relegation will be on a basis of 2 up and 2 down.
- In the event of a dispute, the circumstances must be reported to the League Secretary within 7 days of the match in question having been played, and his decision will be final.