CONSTITUTION AND RULES
The name of the Association shall be “The Bradford & District Rabbits Golf Association”. Affiliated to the “Yorkshire Rabbits Golf Association”.
A “Rabbit” is a male Member of a Golf Club whose personal official handicap is 16 or over. For all Association Competitions he must also be a full playing Member aged 18 or over.
The objects of the Association shall be to: –
- Promote the game of Golf.
- Stimulate and encourage the interests of the longer handicap players by arrangement of “Rabbit” Competitions within the specified area and within the framework of individual Member Clubs.
- Work for the benefit of the Association and give the fullest support to the Parent Body, namely the “Yorkshire Rabbit Golf Association”.
- Organise and conduct social events, including Meetings to impart a better knowledge of the game of golf to all “Rabbits”.
- Encourage and develop the formation of “Rabbit” Sections in Golf Clubs within the specified area.
The Association year shall commence on January 1st and terminate on December 31st. The financial year will end October 31st.
Each affiliated Club shall pay an Annual Fee to be decided by the Executive Committee, which shall be paid by February 28th.
The “Rabbits” Section of any Club within the area may become Members of the Association by making a formal application in writing to the Honorary Secretary of the Association, subject to the approval of the Executive Committee.
The Association shall be managed by a Committee comprising of the following: –
- A President who may hold office for a period not exceeding two years.
- A Vice-President (who shall not be a Member of the same Club as the President).
- A Junior Vice-President (who shall not be a Member of the same Club as the President or Vice-President) if the Committee shall deem it necessary.
- A Secretary/Treasurer.
- A League Secretary.
- A Chippendale Trophy Secretary.
- Eight other Members of the Executive Committee to be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
Only seven Day (Full) Members of a Club Rabbits Section may be eligible for election to the Executive Committee. Any Member of the Executive Committee losing his “Rabbit” or “Membership” status during his term of office shall have the option of remaining on the Executive Committee.
All the Officials enumerated above shall retire at the Annual General Meeting but all shall be eligible for re-election, except for the President, who may however accept another Office.
Any casual vacancy or vacancies in the Committee may be filled by the Committee upon the same terms as apply to other Members of the Executive. Retiring Presidents shall be entitled to sit as ex-officio Members of the Committee for so long as they so desire.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
An Annual General Meeting, to which all affiliated Clubs may send Members shall be held in the month of January (or early February), to elect Officers, receive the Secretary`s Report together with the Treasurers Accounts and to transact any other business of the Association. At least 28 days notice of this Meeting shall be given.
Any Resolutions or Recommendations from the Affiliated Clubs shall be in the hands of the Secretary at least 14 days before the Annual General Meeting.
Only two Members per Club shall vote on any Resolution.
The quorum of the Executive Committee meeting shall be six.
The affairs of the Association shall be managed by an Executive Committee consisting of the Officers, Past and Life Presidents and an elected Committee of eight, elected annually at the Annual General Meeting, each having one vote.
In the event of a tie, the Chairman will have a second and casting vote.
All Competitions shall normally be played from the front tees and according to the Rules of Golf as laid down by the Royal and Ancient Club of St. Andrews and the Local Rules of the Club where the Competition takes place.
Any dispute whatsoever shall be decided by the Executive Committee or its appointed Officers and their decision shall be final.
If the affairs of the Association shall be wound up for any reason the Assets remaining after the payment of all debts shall be divided equally between Affiliated Clubs.